Friday, December 30, 2011

Ch-ch-changes {Painting an Old Buffet from Craiglist}

So I found this old buffet on Criagslist for $125 but I talked the guy down to $75 because as you can see it was in pretty rough shape. He actually included delivery to my house in the price, but the timing didn't work out right and he delivered it when I wasn't home. It sat outside in the rain for an hour or so and the side of the buffet warped from all the water. So I mailed the guy my check but asked if he would consider giving me $25 back given that I bought it sight unseen all because he didn't arrive when he said he would. So he did. Mailed me a check right back for $25! Bam. An awesome antique buffet for $50.


Not that I didn't have to put quite a bit of TLC into it, but it didn't actually take the long to get it looking like this:


I HEART her. Did I mention I used Rustoleum Painter's Touch Satin Summer Squash spray paint? Then I of course painted over that with my faovrite eco-friendly lacquer, Safecoat Acrylacq to seal in the toxic spray paint fumes. I LOVE the turquoise on the inside of the cabinets and the sides of the drawers. Its such a fun surprise when you open her up to peek inside.


And I also lined the drawers with pretty paper. When I have time I am going to decoupage it in permanently and of course paint over that with my favorite, Safecoat Acrylaq.


Oh and remember the old dresser that I refabbed that used to live right here in my dining room. Well, she found a new home in my bedroom. She's a perfect fit:

0 comments:

Post a Comment