Saturday, April 30, 2011

This Full House

As of January 2011, this is my new house.


My last house was full. Very full. We bought this duplex in 2005 shortly after getting married and lived in the lower two bedroom one bathroom.


First it was just us; Mark and Me. Then came Marley, our Golden Retriever, who we renamed after one of our favorite musicians when we adopted him. If only we knew how fitting the name would become....I'm sure you've seen the mischievious Marley in Marley and Me? Our prayers were answered when Cooper was born in May of 2008 and shortly thereafter, on our 4th anniversary, October 29th, we found out that we were expecting Lucia. 14 months to the day after Cooper, Lucia arrived on the 14th of July, 2009. They are both our little miracles.

Thus, our little home had become a very full house. Full of "stuff," but more importantly, full of love for my husband and the children I have always longed for and full of gratitude for the life that I have been blessed with. I once heard the saying, "The thing I love the most about my home is who I share it with," and that is SO true. I like to think that Mark and I live by that slogan. We love to entertain and bring our friends (whom we see as our extended family) into our home.

Now that we are beginning a journey to make this new house our home, our house continues to be full. Not so full of "stuff" anymore--perhaps because there is actually more room for it, perhaps because I've made it a mission of mine to donate or sell all of our non-essential "stuff" on cragislist....but it continues to be full of love, family and friends....and I am so grateful that it is mine. This is the story of our journey, as we make this house our home. Its my dream house. My Full House.

0 comments:

Post a Comment